Home » Trekkings and Walking
8 Days - Rongai / Marangu Route
This is an alternative route to popular Marangu route. Rongai route goes around the northern side of the mountain.Here you will see different views of the Maasai flatland and drier climb.We will go through Rongai village.
Price: From US $1420 to $1660 per person*
*price per person based on 2- 4 people, double occupancy.
Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport, transfer to your hotel.Dinner and debriefing.
Day 2 - Hotel - Nare Moru Village to Simba Campsite
After breakfast, drive to Nare Moru village (6,500ft) where the trekking starts. We will walk through the cultivated land and pine forest on the way to Simba Campsite, 8,900ft, Camping. All meals included.
Day 3 - Hike to Second Cave, Kikelwa Camp
Breakfast, then the hike via Second Cave to Kikelwa Camp. Today's trek will offer impressive views of Kibo and the eastern ice fields on the rim of the crater, Kikelwa Camp, 11,800ft, Camping. All meals included.
Day 4 - Kikelwa Camp for Mawenzi Tarn
After breakfast we leave Kikelwa Camp for Mawenzi Tarn. We will spend an afternoon for exploring the surrounding area of Mawenzi Tarn which will also help us on acclimatizing, Mawenzi Tarn, 14,150ft, Camping. All meals included.
Day 5 - Hike to Kibo Campsite
Today we cross the lunar desert of the 'Saddle' between Mawenzi and Kibo to reach Kibo campsite at the bottom of the Kibo crater wall. The remainder of the day is spent resting in preparation for the final ascent, Kibo 15,000ft . All meals included.
Day 6 - Kibo Campsite to the Summit and down to Horombo
Very early start for the summit scree up to Gilmanâ€™s Point (18,930ft) which is on the crater rim. Go on to Uhuru Peak. Descend to Kibo hut for a small snack and refreshing break and then down to Horombo hut, 12,000ft, All meals included.
Day 7 - Horombo hut to Marangu Gate
Breakfast, Descend from Horombo hut to Marangu gate. Then drive back to your hotel. All meals included.
Day 8 - Hotel to Safari / Airport
Transfer to Kilimanjaro airport for your return flight. Bon Voyage and hope to have you again.
Guaranteed departure â€“ Accommodation, Activities, Transfers, Meals, Fees where indicated as per the itinerary - Local traveler assistance during your tour - Specialized and personalized services
Tips - Laundry - Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages unless explicitly noted - Optional activities/extras â€“ Visas (unless noted) - Vacation insurance
Trip Terms & Conditions
* Your deposit is due immediately on booking (30% of program price, minimum $250). The balance is due 90 days prior to departure. We currently accept wire transfer and direct deposit. Please check the payment details on http://www.taylorsafaris.com/index.php/Payments/Payments/
* Tour quotes do not include airfare to/from the trip start point unless noted on the itinerary
* Cost increases in currency exchange, government fees, taxes, surcharges or hotel/lodge tariff increases between quote date and start date are payable by the client.
* Availability cannot be guaranteed until booked. We will exercise best efforts to book hotels per the itinerary, however, in busy seasons and with client bookings made within 90 days of tour date we may be forced to offer substitutes.
* Cancellations 90 days or more prior to departure will receive full refund less any non-refundable paid fees (e.g. non-refundable airfare, cruise, or hotel deposits). 60-89 days will be subject to loss of deposit. 30-59 days will be subject to loss of 50% of program price. 29 days or less will be subject to 100% of program price.
* Payment of the program price constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions set out at http://www.taylorsafaris.com/index.php/taylor/aboutus/category/terms_and_conditions/
* Living Standards and practices at destination may differ from those in you country with respect to provisions of utilities, services and accommodation.