Home » Trekkings and Walking
8 Days - Machame Route
Being the second most popular route,it is considered the most beautiful route up Kilimanjaro. With a gradual ascend through the forest you emerge to see wide views of the moorland on Shira plateau, Kibo and Western Breach. The different kinds of vegetation found along the route make it the most sceneric route. For a slightly more technical climb on Kilimanjaro, one can conquer Uhuru peak from Arrow Glacier camp, but a less challenging route can be taken from Barranco hut.
Price: From US $1490 to $1970 per person*
*price per person based on 2- 4 people, double occupancy.
Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport, transfer to your hotel. Dinner and debriefing.
Day 2 - Hotel to Machame Gate to Machame Camp (9,900ft)
Breakfast, drive from your hotel to Machame gate. After about an hour of registration and park fees payments, start climbing along a clear trail through plantation and natural forest, thereafter a narrow forest path follows to the Machame Camp (9,900ft).All meals included.
Day 3 - Machame Camp (9,900ft) to Shira Camp (12,600ft)
Breakfast, ascending through the forest, steep ridge passing through heather and open moorlands, and crossing a large gorge to Shira Camp (12,600ft). The distance is covered in about 5-6 hours. All meals included.
Day 4 - Shira Camp (12,600ft) to Lava tower (15,180ft)
After breakfast, ascend to Lava tower (15,180ft) with lunch on the way to Baranco, then descend slowly to Baranco Camp (12,850ft) for dinner and overnight. All meals included.
Day 5 - Lava tower (15,180ft) to Barafu Camp
After breakfast, we leave Baranco hut for Barafu hut (14,910ft). We will pass through the last water drop at Karanga valley on the way up. Overnight Barafu Camp. All meals included.
Day 6 - Barafu Camp to the Summit and back to Mweka Camp
Wake up at midnight, and after a small snack, start ascending to Uhuru Peak through the Stella point (18,640ft), then after reaching the summit, we will head down to Mweka Camp (10,010ft) for dinner and overnight. All meals included.
Day 7 - Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate
After breakfast, we will head down to Mweka gate with lunch break, and the waiting vehicle will drive you back to your hotel. All meals included.
Day 8 - Hotel to Airport of Continue with Safari
Transfer to the airport for your return departure flight.
Guaranteed departure â€“ Accommodation, Activities, Transfers, Meals, Fees where indicated as per the itinerary - Local traveler assistance during your tour - Specialized and personalized services
Tips - Laundry - Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages unless explicitly noted - Optional activities/extras â€“ Visas (unless noted) - Vacation insurance
Trip Terms & Conditions
* Your deposit is due immediately on booking (30% of program price, minimum $250). The balance is due 90 days prior to departure. We currently accept wire transfer and direct deposit. Please check the payment details on http://www.taylorsafaris.com/index.php/Payments/Payments/
* Tour quotes do not include airfare to/from the trip start point unless noted on the itinerary
* Cost increases in currency exchange, government fees, taxes, surcharges or hotel/lodge tariff increases between quote date and start date are payable by the client.
* Availability cannot be guaranteed until booked. We will exercise best efforts to book hotels per the itinerary, however, in busy seasons and with client bookings made within 90 days of tour date we may be forced to offer substitutes.
* Cancellations 90 days or more prior to departure will receive full refund less any non-refundable paid fees (e.g. non-refundable airfare, cruise, or hotel deposits). 60-89 days will be subject to loss of deposit. 30-59 days will be subject to loss of 50% of program price. 29 days or less will be subject to 100% of program price.
* Payment of the program price constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions set out at http://www.taylorsafaris.com/index.php/taylor/aboutus/category/terms_and_conditions/
* Living Standards and practices at destination may differ from those in you country with respect to provisions of utilities, services and accommodation.