Home » Trekkings and Walking
7 Days - Marangu Route
This route is the most popular way up Kilimanjaro and ideal for anyone as it has a moderate slope, making it less difficult to climb. The route has Emergency Evacuation Service, huts and dormitory rooms.
Price: From US $1385 to US $1559 per person*
*price per person based on 2- 4 people, double occupancy.
Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport, after meet and greet ,transfer to your hotel in Moshi.Dinner and debriefing of your trip.
Day 2 - Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut (9,000ft).
After breakfast, drive from your hotel to Marangu gate, we will spend about two hours for registration, payments of fees and final packing. Start climbing through dense semi-tropical to the first hut- Mandara hut (9,000ft). Dinner and an overnight stay at Mandara hut. All meals included.
Day 3 - Mandara Hut (9,000ft) to Horombo hut (12,000ft)
After breakfast, climb through the alpine meadow, and grassland and moorland to Horombo hut (12,000ft). Both Mawenzi and Kibo peaks can be easily be viewed on the way. Dinner and an overnight stay at Horombo hut. All meals included.
Day 4 - Horombo hut (12,000ft) to Kibo hut (15,000ft)
We eat breakfast, then continue ascending to Kibo hut (15,000ft). The route will become very stony and eroded. You will notice more mountainous vegetation like giant cactus, groundswell and lobelia appear on the way. Dinner and an overnight stay at Kibo hut. All meals included.
Day 5 - Kibo hut (15,000ft) to the Summit and back to Horombo Huts
Wake up at midnight, and after a snack, proceed to the summit through Gilmanâ€™s point (18,640ft). It is about 5-6hours and 1-2 hours from Kibo hut to Gilmanâ€™s point and from Gilmanâ€™s point to Uhuru Peak (19,340ft) respectively. Thus reaching the peak in the early morning of the fifth day and start descending after picture taking on the top to Horombo hut for dinner and an overnight after a short break at Kibo hut.All meals included.
Day 6 - Horombo hut (12,000ft) to Marangu gate
Breakfast, Descend from Horombo hut to Marangu gate. Then drive back to Moshi to your hotel for overnight stay.Breakfast and Lunch included.
Day 7 - Hotel to Airport or Safari Transfer
After a refreshing breakfast ,transfer to the airport for your return flight.
Guaranteed departure â€“ Accommodation, Activities, Transfers, Meals, Fees where indicated as per the itinerary - Local traveler assistance during your tour - Specialized and personalized services
Tips - Laundry - Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages unless explicitly noted - Optional activities/extras â€“ Visas (unless noted) - Vacation insurance
Trip Terms & Conditions
* Your deposit is due immediately on booking (30% of program price, minimum $250). The balance is due 90 days prior to departure. We currently accept wire transfer and direct deposit. Please check the payment details on http://www.taylorsafaris.com/index.php/Payments/Payments/
* Tour quotes do not include airfare to/from the trip start point unless noted on the itinerary
* Cost increases in currency exchange, government fees, taxes, surcharges or hotel/lodge tariff increases between quote date and start date are payable by the client.
* Availability cannot be guaranteed until booked. We will exercise best efforts to book hotels per the itinerary, however, in busy seasons and with client bookings made within 90 days of tour date we may be forced to offer substitutes.
* Cancellations 90 days or more prior to departure will receive full refund less any non-refundable paid fees (e.g. non-refundable airfare, cruise, or hotel deposits). 60-89 days will be subject to loss of deposit. 30-59 days will be subject to loss of 50% of program price. 29 days or less will be subject to 100% of program price.
* Payment of the program price constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions set out at http://www.taylorsafaris.com/index.php/taylor/aboutus/category/terms_and_conditions/
* Living Standards and practices at destination may differ from those in you country with respect to provisions of utilities, services and accommodation.