Home » Safari Itineraries
6 Days - Zanzibar Cultural Tour
Met on arrival at Zanzibar International Airport or harbour, transfer to your hotel set in the Stone Town
Day 2: Stone Town Tour
A guided town tour takes you through narrow streets of the old Stone Town, where history seems to stand still. Visit the House of Wonders, the Palace Museum, Dr. Livingstone's House, the Arab Fort, Zanzibar's bustling market, winding alleyways, ornately carved and studded doors and balconies, two cathedrals and mosques.
You will have free time in the afternoon to explore Stone Town further on your own or to relax. In the evening, take a sunset cruise along Stone Town waterfront. Stop at Forodhani gardens for a glance at the evening life. Dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 3: Spice Tour
After breakfast, you are transferred to Kizimbani Village for a spice tour. You will have the opportunity to see spices like cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, Nutmeg, turmeric root, actually growing in the plantations. Other tropical fruits such as jackfruit, custard, apple, rambutan, carambola can also be seen and tasted. Furthermore you will see plants like the henna bush, lipstick tree and lemongrass.
Visit the Kidichi Persian Baths built under the first Sultan of Zanzibar named Sultan Said Said bin Sultan in 1850 and the Maruhubi Palace Ruins built in 1880 which were built especially for housing 99 of the third sultan's harem. Lunch is included. After that, you will be transferred to the Karafuu Beach Hotel on the East coast.
Days 4 - 5: East Coast
Spend two days at leisure on the beaches of the East Coast or in the sea water swimming pool.
Day 6: Departure
After breakfast you will be transferred to the airport or harbor for your departure back home.
Guaranteed departure – Accommodation, Activities, Transfers, Meals, Fees where indicated as per the itinerary - Local traveler assistance during your tour - Specialized and personalized services
Tips - Laundry - Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages unless explicitly noted - Optional activities/extras – Visas (unless noted) - Vacation insurance
Trip Terms & Conditions
* Your deposit is due immediately on booking (30% of program price, minimum $250). The balance is due 90 days prior to departure. We currently accept wire transfer and direct deposit. Please check the payment details on http://www.taylorsafaris.com/index.php/Payments/Payments/
* Tour quotes do not include airfare to/from the trip start point unless noted on the itinerary
* Cost increases in currency exchange, government fees, taxes, surcharges or hotel/lodge tariff increases between quote date and start date are payable by the client.
* Availability cannot be guaranteed until booked. We will exercise best efforts to book hotels per the itinerary, however, in busy seasons and with client bookings made within 90 days of tour date we may be forced to offer substitutes.
* Cancellations 90 days or more prior to departure will receive full refund less any non-refundable paid fees (e.g. non-refundable airfare, cruise, or hotel deposits). 60-89 days will be subject to loss of deposit. 30-59 days will be subject to loss of 50% of program price. 29 days or less will be subject to 100% of program price.
* Payment of the program price constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions set out at http://www.taylorsafaris.com/index.php/taylor/aboutus/category/terms_and_conditions/
* Living Standards and practices at destination may differ from those in you country with respect to provisions of utilities, services and accommodation.